Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Operation Tomodachi!

I just found out through one of my Japanese friends that the rescue and relief operations by the U.S. Military after the 3/11 earthquake were named "Operation Tomodachi" which essentially means Operation Friendship.  I'm proud of how our military and government responded to the disasters and are continuing to provide assistance where necessary.  According to my friend, it was the U.S. Navy who cleared Sendai's airport so that the Japanese Self-Defense force could begin their operations.  It's examples like this that make me especially proud of our forces.  I like hearing about the military doing good and providing relief to those who need it in the world instead of just waging war. 


Here's just a quick article talking about Operation Tomodachi, if you're interested:


http://www.defense.gov/news/newsarticle.aspx?id=63144

No comments:

Post a Comment